Monday 5 October 2009

What is your favourite colour?

First of all, thank you Emilio for being my first follower... and maybe my last. I feel the pressure building on this blog writing malarkey! But no, this is just my diary and who cares if I put it on facebook.

Today (actually Saturday, I'm behind) we went to see the pyramids which are just an hour away by bus. To throw in a fact, they are the third largest pyramids in the world and belong to the ancient city of Teotihuacan. (I'd like my readers to be informed, but awake!)


One thing we hadn't expected was to be a target for groups of Mexican school kids. There were hundreds of them and they had split up into groups to target any tourist they could find to practice some English- by way of an interview. As annoying as it sounds, I actually really enjoyed the chance to show that I could speak the odd sentence of Spanish. And in terms of getting to grips with a foreign language, we were very much on a par, if not better than some of these kids. Impressive hey! No? Well it made me feel good anyway.

So, in-between the ten or so interviews, we climbed up to the top of the pyramid of the moon and found great views of the ancient city and also the odd person meditating - it is apparently a place of great energy. Still suffering from the thin air, I could have done with some of that, but I couldn't have got in 'the zone' with all the crowds swarming over the summit!

0 comments:

Post a Comment